Office Room Number: AE 238
Office Phone Number: +91-80-2293-2875
Lab Room Number: AE 036
Website: Google Scholar
PhD (Aerospace engineering) Indian Institute of Technology Madras, 2014
BE (Mechanical engineering) College of Engineering Pune, 2006
- Assistant Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, since Nov 2020
- Academic Visitor, Imperial College London, UK, 2020 – 2021
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow, Imperial College London, UK, 2018 – 2020
- Postdoctoral Fellow, CNRS combustion diagnostics lab (CORIA – UMR6614), Rouen, France, 2014 – 2018 and 2020
- Visiting Researcher, University College London, UK, 2014
- Project Officer, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, 2013 – 2014
- Design Engineer, Mahindra & Mahindra Tractors, Mumbai, 2006 – 2007
- Multiphase reacting flows
- Flame stabilization
- Soot and nitric oxide formations
The overarching aim of our research is to understand the formation of combustion-generated pollutants. The objective is to provide a phenomenological description of the combustion process in multiphase reacting flows, primarily to elucidate NO and soot formations. The secondary objective is to provide a benchmark database to facilitate the validation of turbulence-chemistry models. Eventually, our work will facilitate the development of low-emission combustion devices.
Emission investigation in academic laminar burners, 2021-2023.
Soot investigation in turbulent swirl-stabilized flames, 2022-2023.
Influence of hydrogen enrichment on soot and NOx emission, 2022-2024.
Kundan Kumar (PhD)
This will be updated soon.